Sensory-friendly Xenia Concerts are family-friendly events that embrace neurodiversity and disability. We work with our artists to design concerts that are fun and casual, and we transform the listening environment to be welcoming and inclusive for children and families who experience systemic and social barriers to inclusion at typical events. These concerts combine innovative programming with a suite of accessibility features, all presented by some of Canada’s finest musicians. Above all, Xenia’s sensory-friendly concerts are inspiring experiences where you can be yourself, together.
EXPLORE UPCOMING SENSORY-FRIENDLY EVENTS
Sensory-friendly Concert Features
- All expressions welcome — feel free to move around, make noise, or stim!
- Hour-long concert programs with short musical selections
- Opportunities to move and dance
- Natural lighting
- Flexible seating with extra space for wheelchairs and adaptive strollers
- Quiet area for breaks
- Sensory toys available at in-person concerts
- Wheelchair accessible venues
- ASL interpretation (select concerts)
- Live audio transcription (online events)
- Q & A sessions with the musicians
- Visual description integrated into artist introductions
- Venue Guides (Visual Stories) to prepare audiences for the concert experience
- No financial barriers for attendees
Do you have a suggestion for how we can make our concerts more inclusive and accessible? Write to our Executive and Artistic Director Rory McLeod at email@example.com or call us at 647-896-8295.
Thanks to our Supporters!
The Canada Council for the Arts
In honour of R.S. Williams & Sons Ltd.
Women’s Musical Club of Toronto